Rainwater overflow discharging on to neighbouring buildings
Poor gutter alignment detail (10+ years ago) resulted in insufficient fall to nearest rainhead outlet.
- Access was through the busy street front, due to proximity of neighbouring buildings, which would require temporary street closure.
- Client was looking for solution other than complete roof and gutter reconstruction/replacement.
The APS Roofing Team removed existing gutters, re-formed the gutter base with more height, and reshaped the timber structure from the new roof alignment to create additional fall.
The project was completed:
- At considerable cost saving with significantly fewer materials, all transported via internal access to the roof location.
- Excellent flow from improved fall to the rear rainhead outlet location.
- A much wider, more accessible gutter that can be easily cleared of any debris build-up.
- No overflow to neighbouring building.